|Silvino C. Ferreira||
|September 10, 2007|
Help can be obtained as follows:
- During Office Hours
Please see the Office Hours schedule. Students will be seen first come first served. If the request will take more that 5 minutes, please request an appointment.
- By Appointment
Appointments will be given in 15 min. increments, either during office hours or at some other time that can be arranged.
- Via e-mail
- Quizzes and tests are to be taken on the date and time indicated.
- Make-up tests may be given. It is the student's responsibility to request a make-up.
- It is the student's responsibility to keep any returned quiz for the purpose of validating grades given.
- All e-mails are to be sent to email@example.com
- All e-mails MUST have a subject as: ????? ###
????? is the course number (all caps) as listed on the web site
### is the assignment number as listed on my web site or the word Help
Assignment: MIS371 A01
Project Assignment: MIS371 P01
Help: MIS371 Help
- The body (message) portion
- Must be signed. That is have your name typed at the end.
- Cannot contain the assignment document. This must be a separate attachment.
- Can contain a message to the instructor related to the subject
- All assignments are due on the date(s) as indicated.
- Late assignments may be accepted but will have appropriate grade reductions depending on when they were received.
- All assignments MUST have the appropriate cover page as indicated below.
- All assignments MUST include the question as well as the answers.
- Assignments are to be electronically transmitted as attachments via e-mail.
- See e-mail policy for more information.
- e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All e-mails MUST have a subject as: MIS??? ###Examples:
Assignment: MIS371 A01
Project Assignment: MIS371 P01
- Only acceptable file formats for these attachments are as follows:
- OpenOffice.Org Writer
- Ascii Text
- Document name will be sent NnnnF_###.ext
Nnnn is your last name or for lab assignments, the team name.
F is your first initial or none for lab assignments.
### is the assignment number as listed on the web site.
ext is the extension normally used by the application.
Lab Assignment: TeamOne_L01.htm
Assignments not electronically transmitted are allowed only with instructor's permission and are to be handed in before or after class or during break. It is the student's responsibility to keep any returned assignments for the purpose of validating completion and grades given. It is the student's responsibility to know what has been assigned and when it is due. Plagiarism is not allowed and will result in a grade of "F" for the assignment. Citations are required for any information that is not your own. Use the MLA format for all citations.
All written assignments must have cover page that contains the following
Students Name Date Completed Course Number - Course Name
Assignment Number: ##
Date Due: date
Writing Lab Visit Date: date
Writing Lab Tutor: name of tutor
Note: The assignment number, description and due date are on the web site.
Document Cover Page Example
September 12, 2004
CIS33- Networking Technologies
Assignment Number: A01
Assignment: Book 1: Activity exercises 1-1 to 1-13 and 2-1 to 2-6 Date Due: September 14, 2004
Writing Lab Visit Date:
Writing Lab Tutor:
Lab assignments are not considered complete until the lab activities have been verified in the lab, documented and submitted to the instructor.
All lab assignments must also include the following sections if applicable:
- Log of each activity with the following information:
- Date of Activity
- Time taken to complete
- Activity Description
- Any problems encountered and how they were resolved.
- Component List with the following information where applicable:
- Type of Component
- Tests performed to validate completion. Include as needed
- Date performed
- Description of what was being tested.
- Process used
- Results of the Test.
- Conclusion and / or summary of what was learned.
Programming assignments will follow normal Assignment Policy as amended below:
Program name Students Name Course Number - Course Name Date Completed: date Date Due: date Program Assignment Number:## Program description Note: The program assignment number, description and due date are on the web site.
||Content include much of the
student's own thinking.
||Content include some of the student's own thinking.||Content includes little of the student's own thinking.||Content includes none of the student's own thinking.|
|Content Consistency||Content is all on topic as
relates to the assignment.
||Content is mostly on topic as relates to the assignment.||Content is mostly not on topic as relates to the assignment.||Content has little or nothing to
do with the assignment.
||Content covers all of the important
areas of the assignment.
||Content covers most of the important areas of the assignment.||Content covers few of the important areas of the assignment.||Content covers none of the important areas of the assignment.|
||Introduction clearly defines the
topic and generates interest.
||Introduction addresses the
||Introduction is not clear but
addresses the topic.
||Introduction missing or not
||Conclusion is supported by the
facts listed in the body of the document.
||Conclusion is only
partially supported by the facts listed.
||Conclusion is not supported by
the facts listed.
||Conclusion is missing.
||There are sufficient citations to satisfy the assignment criteria and are on topic.||There are not sufficient
citations to satisfy the assignment criteria or one or more are not on
||Citations are not appropriate or do not speak to the topic.||No required citations.
using MLA format
|Information is properly cited and of the type and quantity required by the assignment.||All information is properly cited and are of the type required by the but of insufficient quantity.||Information is not cited as required or not of the type required.||Required citations do not exist or not cited as required and not of the type required and of insufficient quantity.|
|Works Cited||Works Cited are in proper format and of sufficient quantity.||Works Cited are in proper format but one citation short of sufficient quantity.||Works Cited are not in proper format or two or more citations short of sufficient quantity.||Works Cited page missing.|
||Cover page exist and
is in proper format.
||Cover page exists
minor format errors exist.
||Cover page exists
but several format errors exist.
||Cover page missing.|
||Document is 12 pt, double spaced
with one inch margins.
||One of the formats is not
||Two of the formats are not
||None of the formats were followed.|
Capitalization and Spelling
||Punctuation and capitalization
||There is one error in punctuation and/or capitalization.||There are two or three errors in punctuation and/or capitalization.||There are four or more errors in punctuation and/r capitalization.|
||There are no grammatical errors.
||There are fewer than three grammatical errors.||There more that 3 but fewer than 6 grammatical errors.||There more than 5 grammatical errors.|
|Document and E-mail||Document was properly named and e-mail is signed with correct suject.||One of the document / e-mail policies not correct.||One of the document / e-mail policies not correct.||E-mail not of correct format and document is not named correctly.|
|Timeliness||Document arrive before or on the due date.||Document arrived after it was due but before “not” accepted.||Document arrive after last accepted date but was accepted..|
Posted September 10, 2007 Updated September 17, 2007